JRock3x8's Life Musings

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Video Game Icons

I have a confession to make. I know it's unpopular to profess affection for the only Video Game TV network available, but I am head over heels in love with the series "Icons" on G4TV.

Bungie, Donkey Kong, Gran Turismo, oh my! This series is so good that I can watch 5 of them in a row back to back, and I really don't like watching TV. The interviews are candid. The information presented is good but not gritty in details. And typical of documetaries, they focus on the happy details and ignore the cynical side of the video game industry. For example, in the Bungie documentary, they left out the part where almost everyone hated the ending of Halo 2 (myself included) and just told the part of the story that mattered : Halo 2 was an amazing, astounding, and acclaimed success.

I'm looking forward to catching up on more of these shows and there are several new ones (new to me anyways) scheduled for this week.

A final word on how much I'm enjoying this series. I plugged my jukebox recorder into my DVR so I could take the audio with me on the road. I've never recorded anything else on that box in the year and a half that I've had it.

So while it may be uncool to say you like G4TV, I REALLY love "Icons".

2 Comments:

  • the idea that people can be ducated gamers even if they are new video gamers? that's cool.

    By Blogger Jason, at 3:57 AM  

  • educated, even

    By Blogger Jason, at 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home