JRock3x8's Life Musings

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Zombies

I know I said I would write part 2 of the article on the comparison to video games but this is really bothering me.

I borrowed a copy of Half Life 2 : CE with Half Life : Source on it, and after a couple of hours playing it, I have to say I'm done with it. Here's why. I am sick and tired of games trying to get me to crap my pants while playing their levels. In Half Life, there are trigger points all over the first level where the moment you cross into it, something blows up or a creature jumps at your face. This is the same reason I never finished Duke Nukem 3D. Call me a little cry baby if you want, but my enjoyment of a game experience does not include cheap B-movie horror film tactics. For this same reason I probably won't pick up Doom 3 or the forcoming Prey.

I realize there is a huge market for these games, and that's great. I just want an equally large market for games whose primary purpose is not to get you to soil your pants.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home