JRock3x8's Life Musings

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Music Project Tweaked









I have a problem. My wife calls me obsessive compulsive. I think that is a bit harsh. It's just that every six months I like to rearrange the furniture...in every room of the house...on a rotating basis so that each room gets its own special month to be redecorated. It's not a sickness, it's about being creative. At least that's what I tell myself.

So why am I telling YOU this? Because I tweaked the song...AGAIN. And I retitled it "Revelation" consistent with my other songs (Renaissance, Genesis). I don't feel like I'm moving furniture so much with this version - it's more like putting a different color afghan on the couch or changing the drapes. The changes are subtle, but nonetheless it's slightly different.

And a tip for any others writing songs with Ableton Live. If you think of a change for your song, get to your computer as fast as possible or write it down as best you can because a week later you aren't going to remember what the heck you thought would sound good at THAT part of the song. Also, someone suggested I try a bass line and I tried a few different ones and disliked it intensely. However, I did tweak the EQ at certain points in the song to try and drive up the bass on the synths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home