JRock3x8's Life Musings

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Stress - A Commentary

In my opinion, stress is the physical manifestation of thoughts that trouble us. For example, if you're worried about a deadline at work, your stomach churns, you grit your teeth, you get a headache, etc.

What I have come to realize about stress is that is all self made. There is no stress that anyone can push onto me. It is all dependent on how I react to the situation. Christians being fed to the lions in ancient Rome sang until the very end, praising Jesus. That is true belief in my opinion. But the same can and should be true of all of us.

How much more productive could we all be in our everyday jobs if we chose not to react negatively to every piece of news that crosses our desks? It's a battle I have been confounded by throughout my professional career. Joining in the bashing is not the answer. I can speak from experience when I say that joining the cause of those who choose to react negatively to new information only brings a more difficult circumstance upon oneself later.

That is not to say that all stress is negative. Stress that assists you in completing a project due to a time or resource constraint is very positive and has fueled much of the success that America enjoys today.

But like everything else in life, there is too much and then there is just the right amount - a common balance for all. We should all strive to find the balance that suits us best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home