JRock3x8's Life Musings

Monday, October 20, 2008

Right vs Happy

As I've driven home the last couple weeks from my Living Fire class, Ive been trying to find words to describe the emotions I've been feeling. It goes beyond happy or satisfied or even love.

The word "right" popped into my head last week. I feel "right" in an extraordinarily content and peaceful way.

My thoughts flashed back to an old axiom my father taught me about arguments in the workplace. He said, "Jason, you can be right or you can be happy. You don't get both and you can choose, but you can only have one." And to some extent, I think that applies to all of life in the world. You can focus your life working toward excessive happiness, but that can lead to a life that isn't right. You can focus on your life on being right, but as many living martyrs will tell you, you won't be happy all that often.

But I think he's wrong. God bridges that gap between happiness and righteousness and through faith in Him, we can be both happy and right.

And that is how I have been feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home