JRock3x8's Life Musings

Monday, October 24, 2005

Short Entry - Wal Mart 360's

Reports have been flying around the internet this past week that XBox360 demonstration kits have surfaced at Wal-Mart. However, instead of a chorus of "hooray"s and "wow"s, we're hearing about a disturbing number of failures. I said this in May, and I'll say it again. Brand new custom designed technology that gets maufactured in that short a period of time always has bugs. Always. That's why unless I won a console or unless I made enough selling one (separate blog entry - sometime) I wasn't and won't buy one of these with my own money. It's just too risky. And the early reports from Wal-Mart are just proving my point.

I just hope they have enough time to go back and make adjustments to the hardware if that's even possible. I predict it's going to be a bumpy ride this holiday season.

On a personal note, the blog entries have dried to a trickle as I am actively seeking a new career path in a new location. Regular entries should resume as I spend less time writing resumes, attending interviews, etc. Thanks for the continued reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home