JRock3x8's Life Musings

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

DOA4 : My First Achievement - A Love Story

So after a WEEK of playing this god forsaken game I had ZERO achievements. Not even the one for losing five straight matches.

I played a little bit more on Friday morning (taking my comp vacation day from working Monday, Jan. 2) and I think I've got this game figured out at least on "Normal" difficulty - it's all about precise timing.

Swing too early and you've left yourself open to attack,
swing too late and you're lying on your back.

Hey, that rhymes! K Rad!

Uhm, anyways.

I finally beat story mode with Jann Lee (who is by far my favorite character in the game). I didn't have that much trouble beating that uber-bitch the Green monster thingy, but as I discovered later, she never got off one of her signature moves on me - those tickle.

So as the cameras rolled on Jann Lee's backstory, I felt the warmth of pride rising inside me. I had done something truly special...tears welled up in my eyes as I saw the XB360 trophy flash across the screen confirming that I had indeed unlocked an achievement in DOA4. I hurriedly jabbed my guide button to check on my gamerscore. How many points would I get? 40? 50? maybe even 100?!?!

Oh, the excitement of it! What an achievement!!!



I'm sorry - how many points did you say?

10?

10...

10?!?!?!

Are you out of your #@%)$*%@)$#*%@$ mind?!?! My thumbs bled and my eyes are dry in their sockets for 10 lousy points?

Thanks, Team Ninja. I'll just bend over and take some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home