JRock3x8's Life Musings

Monday, December 26, 2005

JRock's 60 minute review of PGR3

So as described in a previous post, I bought PGR3 after a lot of driving (ha ha) and a lot of grief.

After flying through the first 2 championships on "Novice" mode, I LOVE this game. I was very skeptical and quite nervous about buying it at first because I hated and I mean HATED PGR1 for the XBox.

PGR1 was SO unforgiving. Every time you knicked a corner the computer would hand your ass to you and say "Want some more, bitch?". To which I finally replied, "No thanks", and sold it.

Also, the computer controlled drivers had sick driving skills. I'd pull an awesome power slide through a corner and think I was all that. The computer didn't even bother with the slide - it just zipped past me on the inside. Oooh, that smarts.

I am happy to report that absolutely everything I could not stand about PGR1 is a distant memory in PGR3. In novice mode, the other drivers are like 90 year old grandma's and when you get that NEAR perfect e-brake slide but just knick the corner, the computer just looks the other way to which I say, "Thank you."

I haven't tried the online part, partly because I don't think I've broken the top 1000 in any event that I've completed yet. That's me! Sucky gamer extraordinaire!

This is easily the most fun I've had of the three 360 titles I own (PDZ, CoD2 and PGR3).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home