JRock3x8's Life Musings

Monday, March 27, 2006

Gamerscore Whore

The dark and seedy side of Microsoft's new "Gamerscore" system is that I will spend hours playing games I no longer care about just to get an achievement.

After all, who really wants to play 100 games of Hexic? I turned on the "timed" mode, matched one combo and watched TV for 50 seconds while the timer ran down. An hour and a half later, voila! 25 points! My wife was bored nauseous watching this.

Last weekend, I set a lap time in every PGR3 track at the same sitting. Let me tell you - the Behemoth is not that much fun when you've already raced the other 2 Germany races and every other race in the game.

Don't get me wrong - there's a fun side to it too - yesterday while playing GRAW multiplayer, I unlocked 2 achievements in a 15 second span, one for 30 kills without dieing and one for 4 kills in 4 seconds. That was a blast.

But the damn gamerscore points are so addictive - I start looking through my list of games to try to figure out which games / achievements I haven't gotten yet that I think I could get through fairly easily. Last night it was Hexic (an exercise in patience to be sure).

The worst part is that after all my gamerscore whore-ing, my gamercard is at a whopping 897 points. (Sob) (weep) Ah well, at least I'm 900 points ahead of the sad saps who still have theirs on pre-order from last November :) I REALLY hope those are all filled by now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home