JRock3x8's Life Musings

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wipeout HD Review for PS3

My quick casual gamer review of WipeoutHD :

On a scale of not fun vs fun WipeoutHD gets a "fun" rating. The sense of speed is great without feeling overwhelming, and the weapon action is fast and furious. At $20, the game is an absolute steal.

My only reservation is, and other people have said this too, but the game is basically Wipeout on a big screen. There's nothing new here, so die hards could easily be disappointed. The grpahics are just a blown up version of the PSP games. Very nice, but it's not the jump in quality you'd expect for a PS3 game.

Some people have complained about the difficulty for newcomers - I guess I don't really understand that. I'm about as new as they come and while I don't consistently win every race, I certainly could do well enough to get by.

The price and the opportunity to play Wipeout in HD is pretty spectacular though. Thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home