JRock3x8's Life Musings

Sunday, September 28, 2008

10k Training Day 15, 9/28



Ran the scheduled 4mi today - had to break it up mentally into 8 0.5mi sections. Oh and for the record, you could not have ASKED for a more beautiful day to run on. Low to mid 60s, cloudy, just a nice consistent breeze in the face. Wonderful...just wonderful.

I also ran on the biking trail that runs not far from our house which was very nice and scenic.

Sections 1 and 2 went relatively smoothly although I sensed was getting out a bit fast. After averaging close to 12 minutes last week, I was real nervous about trying to do 4mi averaging a 10min pace.

Sections 3 and 4 got the old sweat machine going but I never had any issue with the lungs today.

Around section 5 I started to feel my foot go dead or tingle or whatever but it got a lot worse. Section 6 I turned back for home and that's where the foot problem really became an issue. My calf didn't feel horribly tight but I just could not feel my left foot at all. I tried flexing my foot in different ways and I just couldn't get the feeling back.

I wasn't in any pain so I kept motoring. I struggled a little bit down the stretch in sections 7 and 8 but managed to keep it going. Within a quarter mile on my cool down walk the feeling came back and I was good again.

As I finished the run, I was horribly afraid that I had run really slow but I checked the sportband and it said I made my goal of 10' per mile and that made me very happy for the walk back to the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home