JRock3x8's Life Musings

Saturday, September 27, 2008

An Inconvenient Truth

On my watch vs skip scale , I'll give it a watch only because I think the issues the film raises are good ones, even if I can't stand what a pompous person Al Gore is. His self-centered presentation of the issues only inflames my feelings about him.

But at the end of the day, the issues he speaks of are true.

Here's what bugs me and I think there's really no getting around this : Ice Ages have occurred quite regularly through the Earth's history. It's about time whether we like it or not that one of those ice ages hits. Whether it's in 10 years or 1,000 years, it's closer than it is far away. The part that Al's presentation ignores completely is what part the natural cycle is playing in all this. We as humans are certainly exacerbating the problem, no question. But nothing we can or should do will stop the next ice age or any of the horrors he describes in his film.

The people who live in flood-prone areas (and I do) would do well to get out of those areas if they believe that all of this is imminent.

Nice speech, Al. Next time, a little less about yourself and a little more about the cause. Oh, and for heaven's sake, don't let people photograph your three side-by-side huge flat screen energy sucking monitors on your desk at your office. Really bad for the image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home